In sometimes you may forget your already connected wifi network password or office admin will enter the password without sharing to you, for this kind of situation you need to find out the wifi password. So here we will guide about how to find wifi password in windows 10.
Luckily, there’s an easy way to reverse lookup your already connected/saved wifi password on a PC without need of extra tool.
Here is the steps for recover wifi network password in windows 10, we can use two methods one is direct Network settings and another one is using command prompt. First we will see about how to find the wifi password using network settings method.
1. Right click the WiFi symbol on the system toolbar and select “Open Network and Sharing Center”.
2. In the Network and Sharing Center click on network active connects as shown in the below image. It will bring the Wi-Fi status windows.
3. Click on “Wireless properties” in the Wi-Fi status window.
4. Select Security tab in Wireless Network properties and you can see the Network Security Key.
If the passwords is masked then you need to check the Show Characters option, then you can see the selected wifi network password.
You need administrator privilege for this action.
How to find wifi password in windows using Command Prompt(cmd)
You can find wifi password by entering the simple command in command prompt.
1.Open the command prompt by searching cmd in start or enter the command ‘cmd’ in Run.
2.Enter the following command and give your network name in the place of rk
netsh wlan show profile name=rk key=clear
3. You can find the your wifi password under security setting.
If you need any clarification please let us know in the comments.